Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Metering Software Question

On 2/11/2017 12:49 PM, wrote:
I also have great respect for TASCAM. Their guy
(Tom Duffy) actually came to the studios, more than once, watched how
we work, and totally delivered the goods. No bull****, no happy talk,
just finely honed tools that are a pleasure to use.

Tom's a great guy. I use their handheld recorders because they work,
they mostly make sense, it's not hard to remember how to use one when
I've been away from it for a while, and I can read the display. No
confusing combination meters, just peak meters with a numerical display
that's out of the way that gives me a useful clue as to whether I should
consider changing the record gain, and by how much. As long as that peak
number gets to -10 dBFS now and then and rarely goes higher, then I'm
happy.

It's disappointing that you aren't getting better cooperation from Sound
Devices, particularly since you can wave the Sony flag at them. I've
been tempted by their recorders for quite some time, but the do seem to
have their own ideas of how everyone should use them.

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com