Lynn

Matching them up makes it easier to hear what I'm replicating. Then I can
play them together or separately to hear how they compare. Then, when I'm
done, I have an essentially finished score I can print.

Then probably the quickest way (if your software has a "tempo record"
function) is to tap the beat in whilst listening to the track. This will
record the "tempo map" of the original recording. You can then quantize your
midi parts to the tempo map.
--
Lynn
Wobbly Music

"Doc" wrote in message
news

"Lynn" wrote in message
Are you planning on presenting the piece with the two versions mixed
together? , or are you just putting the wav file at the top for your own
benefit whilst constructing it?

For my own benefit.

I didn't find any real need for matching the tempos exactly. It would be
more bother than it's worth.