Laurence Payne

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:09:20 GMT, "Doc"
wrote:

The better MIDI/audio sequencers have a tempo map function. But
question whether you NEED a tempo map. Jazz rhythms, above all, are
better played than step-entered. Can't you play the parts in?
Ignore bars and beats.

There are several reasons this won't work. To begin with, when I get done, I
want to be able to print out the individual parts to potentially be played
by a live band.

Other issues are that my keyboard skills aren't nearly good enough to play
this stuff real time, but even if they were, I'm having to pick the parts
out, often one note at a time.

Well, OK. But I think you'd be better off developing your musical
skills than your computer skills :-)