Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Any ways to find out the frequency res

Well, yes there is a way. But you will need two things; an SPL meter (they
can be had for about $30 at Radio Shack) and a test disc (or an MP3
recording)of 1/3 octave test tones. Sheffield Labs makes one in particular
that I use called "My Disc" that costs about $20.

You then play these test tones over your tweeters and record the SPL level
at each frequency (obviously, don't start at anything below about 500-1000
Hz as you could damage the tweeters). You can then plot a frequency
response curve with the numbers you get. It's a bit crude, and CERTAINLY
not the way professionals do it, but it will give you an idea of what the
usable frequency response of a set of tweeters are. Keep in mind, however,
that what this WON'T tell you is wattage capability at any given frequency.
So even though it might APPEAR that a set of tweeters can produce output at
1000 Hz, let's say, that DOES NOT mean that they SHOULD be producing that
frequency at high volumes. This is why it is always best to check with the
manufactures' specifications and what their recommended frequency range for
that particular set of tweeters are.

MOSFET

"Antispammer" wrote in message
hi all,

is there any way to find out the frequency response of a pair of unknown
tweeters?
like - how low it go

the cheap way pls....i cant afford $$$$ oscilloscope or those pro meters.