Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default No One Ever Did Any Research on Vinyl Records vs Audio CD

On 11/02/2017 1:42 AM, wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote: "
Actually, I think that he may have been describing a CD made with a
stand-alone CD writer, not a recording to a computer disk drive and then
burned to a CD - though really there should be no difference. Before
people started toting laptop computers to live shows, we used to use a
CD recorder with analog inputs that were fed from the PA console. I
don't think it's unfair to call that "direct to CD." It's about as
direct as "direct to disk" for lacquer"

THANK YOU! Finally! Not all that difficult to understand.
That is what I do every Sunday in church: Yamaha outs
to a Tascam CD recorder. As long as proper gain
principles are applied through the board, and keep an
eye on the Tascam meters, one can capture a good
recording of worship and sermons.

Insha Allah .....

geoff