Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default No One Ever Did Any Research on Vinyl Records vs Audio CD

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:33:59 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
JackA wrote:

One of the worst factors in recorded music is human. Some have the knowledge what sounds impressive, other don't. I'm sure 35mm film audio rivals direct to disc. But since so few actually appreciated, nor did they care paying extra cost, both died quickly.

** Direct to Disc recordings cost less to make than ones using tape machines - and they cost no more to produce copies of.

Wot a crock of ****.

I see, YOU people claim better sound quality (disc), I claim people don't really care for HQ sound, yet you claim it's less expensive to produce direct to disc. But, you have absolutely little control what is recorded, such as a sneeze that can be removed from tape, but the ENTIRE session has to be rerecorded with disc. How much do session musicians make per hour? How about that entire orchestra?
Come on Phil.

Jack

.... Phil