Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default No One Ever Did Any Research on Vinyl Records vs Audio CD

On 2/9/2017 10:32 PM, Trevor wrote:
So not actually direct to CD, but a CDR burned from a recorded digital
file. Of course the difference is irrelevant to anything other than
thekma who thinks "direct to CD" actually means anything in a digital
age! :-)

Actually, I think that he may have been describing a CD made with a
stand-alone CD writer, not a recording to a computer disk drive and then
burned to a CD - though really there should be no difference. Before
people started toting laptop computers to live shows, we used to use a
CD recorder with analog inputs that were fed from the PA console. I
don't think it's unfair to call that "direct to CD." It's about as
direct as "direct to disk" for lacquer.

Here's one, still available from TASCAM:

http://tascam.com/product/cd-rw901mkii/