Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default No One Ever Did Any Research on Vinyl Records vs Audio CD

On 2/9/2017 4:52 PM, geoff wrote:
FWIW I have an Direct Cut LP 'Blues Had A Baby' by Kevin Borich and
Dutch Tilders. A great album. I transcribed it to CD and I cannot
discern any difference between the two media versions (level-matching
and all that).

Welcome to the world of digital audio. If your hardware is bad enough,
you'll be able to hear a slight difference between playing the record
and playing the CD made by recording that record.

Of course the CD will never be better than your turntable/preamp is
capable of playing the record - there's no such thing as "ripping" a
phonograph record. But even the audio hardware built into most newer
computers is remarkably good for the purpose of digitizing a record as
long as you're careful that you don't have any clipping in the transfer
process.