Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default No One Ever Did Any Research on Vinyl Records vs Audio CD

On 9/02/2017 5:24 p.m., John Williamson wrote:
On 08/02/2017 19:09, geoff wrote:
On 9/02/2017 3:04 AM, wrote:
John Williamson:

My thanks to Nyquist and the original developers
of Redbook are sincere. And I understand about
generations in the digital realm. My comment
was with regards to "direct to disc" recordings,
vinyl and CD. If you feed a live session to both a
CD recorder and vinyl lacquer, there should be
little difference between them in sound quality.

If there is *significant* audible difference, then
there is audio processing in one of those chains.

I think you mean *any*.

Are you including RIAA equalisation as processing? Because if you
don't apply the RIAA curve or something similar to the vinyl recording
and playback, your results will be 'orrible, with a much reduced
signal to noise ratio due to the way the playback works.

Don't be silly.

geoff