Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Zoom H2n

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:05:04 -0800, Jason wrote
(in article ):

[snip]

If this works with the
Zoom, then I can also make higher quality recordings with four better
microphones and encode them.

Will let you know.

Gary Eickmeier

Gary, I took a look at the H2n specs and I didn't see a provision for
external mics. Did I miss that?

The H2N has only a single mini-stereo plug (1/8") input (IIRC) and it
switches between 2-channel line-level and TWO external microphones (for
which it will supply "plug-in power"), but not four.

The main differences between the H2 (like I have ) and the H2N is that the
"N" model has a different way of selecting the built-in microphones' pick-up
patterns and a more user-friendly control interface. If one is going use
external microphones with the recorder, there's little real difference
between the two, feature-wise and spec-wise, but the addition of a remote
control for operating the recorder on a folding camera tripod makes it much
more useful as a stand-alone recorder (you don't have to physically touch it
to start and stop the recording). Too bad the remote isn't infrared or RF and
is, instead, wired. Maybe in the recorder's next iteration!?