Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jason[_14_] Jason[_14_] is offline

Default Zoom H2n

[snip]

If this works with the
Zoom, then I can also make higher quality recordings with four better
microphones and encode them.

Will let you know.

Gary Eickmeier

Gary, I took a look at the H2n specs and I didn't see a provision for
external mics. Did I miss that?

I use an H4n with external mics to record chamber performances and I love
it. I agree with a pervious poster on the quality of the built-in mics -
pretty good, but not much bass. Since I usually record in noisy places, I
use the H4n's hi-pass filter at 80Hz anyway to get rid of traffic
rumbles, HVAC, etc. I've recorded without the filter and applied EQ
afterwards. Frankly, I cannot hear much if any difference. I use a Tascam
recorder for backup, but I may buy the H2n and let it record in surround
mode for backup.

Thanks for the info!

Jason