Posted to rec.audio.high-end
vlad vlad is offline

Default Records again

On Sep 15, 6:30=A0pm, Audio Empire wrote:

Actually, there's no evidence presented to support that assertion.

You presented your private experience of experiencing "fatigue"
after listening of couple of CD's. I presented results of my own
analysis why CD takes more efforts from me to listen. So we are even,
so far - each of us presented his own opinion.

Logically speaking, if you're going to go down that path, the

record noise and
especially the "horrible distortion" of LP playback should cause

far more
listening fatigue than the clean purity of CD.

It is not obvious, it is just your strawman :-) It is possible,
that some forms of distortion are pleasing to the ear/brain ( is it
what they call 'euphonic'?) at the same time reduce flow of
information making it easier and more pleasant for the ear/brain to
process. May be, LP distortions fall into this category. Sorry, but I
have no scientific evidence for that :-). Just my guess. I personally,
prefer CD's.

You can't have it both ways.
Study after study, over many decades, have shown that various types

of
distortion are THE primary CAUSE of listening fatigue.

Care to provide reference or URL? My uninformed opinion is that
you took this from the thin air.

And even such studies exist, how did it happen that distortions
of
LP are exempt from results of these studies?

If you (and Mr.
Kruger) are going to go on record (no pun intended) by asserting

that the
clarity and freedom from distortion in CD is what causes listener

fatigue in
CD, due to the extra detail present in digital recordings, then you

are
flying in the face of countless scientific studies which have found

that just
the opposite should be true.

References, please. I strongly suspect that you are inventing
these studies :-) But of course it is just my private opinion.

vlad