Posted to rec.audio.high-end
vlad vlad is offline

Default Records again

On Sep 15, 11:10=A0am, Audio Empire wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:27:31 -0700, vlad wrote
(in article ):

=A0 =A0 A typical concert in a symphony hall is about hour and a half, =

my
be two hours. You know why? Because it is as much as audience can
bear. Long live concert is a tiring thing. So it rather proves =A0that
reproduction =A0from LP is less demanding on your ears and brain :-)

I would suspect that the cumulative effect of sitting in an auditorium se=

at
amongst hundreds of other concert-goers rattling their programs, coughing=

,
sneezing, and squirming in their seats has a lot more to do with that tha=

does the live music. Listening at home from the comfort of one's easy cha=

ir,
is lot less stressful.

So, live performance is full of different little noises that are
masking subtleties in a musical performance. Well documented technical
shortcomings of LP are doing the same - masking subtle nuances in a
music and it makes job for your ears and brain easier by reducing
amount of information to process. That was my point all along, that
your ears and brain do more work listening to CD - they are getting
more information to process. So, your so called "fatigue" is kind of
expected.

Also, I tend to agree with Arnie that your whole life experience
of listening LP's can create a bias in your mind.

vlad