Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default The Vinylizer

"Audio Empire" wrote in message

The claim that there was a signficant and large audible
difference has been investigated with DBTs and found to
be yet another audiophile myth.

Sorry. I had both the Sony CDP-101 and The
Philips-Maganvox FD-1000, and I beg to differ. The Sony
sounded awful (still does) and the little Maggie was
much more listenable (and still is). I ended-up giving
the Sony to a friend - he didn't like it either.

I don't believe that we have ever been treated to your
technical measurements or the results of proper
statistically-analyzed, time-synched level, matched
comparisons of them. The extant well-controlled
listennig tests involving them tell a different story -
both units were eminantely listenable given that they
were in good working order.

Nor have we been treated to your test results and
technical measurements or the results of proper
statistically-analyzed, time-synched level, matched
comparisons of them, either.

How quickly some forget evidence that does not fit with their prejudices?

Masters, Ian G. and Clark, D. L., "Do All CD Players Sound the Same?",
Stereo Review, pp.50-57 (January 1986)

I don't know how many times I've posted this reference, just in RAHE.