Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default The Vinylizer

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:38:38 -0700, John Nunes wrote
(in article ):

On 8/10/2010 5:22 PM, Scott wrote:
On Aug 9, 4:44 pm, John wrote:
On 8/2/2010 5:18 PM, Audio Empire wrote:

It's not any more of a disorder than the ability of concert goers to
listen
"around" sneezes and coughs and program rattling that occurs constantly
during most concerts.

I have a lot of trouble "listening around" to a lack of one of the most
basic needs of music. It's called pitch stability. Sneezes and coughs
aren't obviously a part of the music. Screwing up the pitch stability is.

If you would like to take the challenge I issued to Arny and test your
ability to hear such instability of pitch with my LPs played back on
my gear we can try to make some arrangements.

No thanks, I want to listen to my records.

http://www.regonaudio.com/NakamichiTX1000.html

You actually HAVE one of these? I read that other than it's ability to
somewhat correct eccentric records, it's not a very good turntable. Since it
doesn't correct for warp wow (as far as I remember), it only does half the
job in my opinion. Do you have any comment on the perception that it's not a
very good 'table or the fact that it doesn't correct for warps (with some
kind of vacuum hod-down)? I'd be interested in hearing the opinion of someone
who actually has one.