Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default The Vinylizer

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:34:55 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Audio Empire" wrote in message

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:55:05 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Audio Empire" wrote in
message

Unless of course the knowledge that it MIGHT be there
ruins your ability to sit back and enjoy the music. I
don't have that prejudice. Perhaps if you had taken
better care of your records, you wouldn't be complaining
about "...audible noise and distortion" starting..."

The distortion and noise was there on the first playing.

Sez you.

Also so say the many JAES and IEEE technical papers about the problems
associated with vinyl playback.

It's all been known for decades.

I've posted formal references to them here on numerous occasions.

And they cost not an inconsiderable amount of money to access.

Also, you seem think that the fact that these artifacts exist (and can be
measured, and have been written about authoritatively) creates a prima fascia
case for the out-of-hand dismissal of any claims that many people find vinyl
records not just listenable, but actually, extremely enjoyable. As I said in
an earlier posts, it's not your facts that I dispute, it's the "universal"
conclusions that you draw from them that expose your prejudicial stand on the
subject.