Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default The Vinylizer

On Aug 8, 3:29=A0pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

On Aug 5, 4:55 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
What LPs have you purchased in the last 10 years?

Why no answer to this question Arny?

And yet you walk away when challenged to identify these
and other claimed distortions under blind conditions when
real high end equipment and high qualilty LPs are in play.

The key word here is "real".

Not really. It is just an adjective and has no meaning out of context.
The key "phrase is "real high end equipment" and let's not forget the
"high quality LPs."

I say that the evaluations I've done involved
real equipment,

Sayin it doesn't make it so. Maybe I would be less skeptical if you
were to offer something specific and varifiable. You have yet to ID
any of the equipment you have used for these undisclosed blind tests
of audible distortion you seem to be alluding to.

and the easy way out is to alleged that there is some
magical equipment kicking around that circumvents the laws of physics,

Strawman. I offered my own equipment as a possible source. There is
nothing "magical" about it. It is "real." It works within the laws of
physics. I also extended the parameters to any other comparable gear
which would be "real" gear. I am also saying we should use "real" LPs
only that they be top quality. I have many that meet that standard.
I'm not lookin for a way out of this challenge Arny. I think you are
though. Claiming actual real equipment that I would certainly deem
acceptable as "magical" is a pretty weak excuse to dodge the
challenge. Either the "inherent" distortions are as severe as you
claim and you can hear them and identify them under blind conditions
or they are not. If they are as severe as you assert then you should
win no matter what equipment I want to use. Like you say, there is no
magical equipment out there. It's on me to find equipment and gear
that will prove your assertions wrong. But hey, I already have it. Not
sure why you would exclude it. Are you that impressed with my gear and
LPs that you don't want to include them in such a test? We are talking
about digital rips. It's not like you would have to come to my new
house or anything like that. Heck you can pick the town and the system
for playback. the only condition I would put on that is that you do
the test by ear only and to confirm this it should be done with a
witness of my approval present.

Some of us appear to want to listen to music presented
with less audible noise and distortion than others.

What music are you listening to that sounds better on the
commercial CD than any LP of the same title?

For openers, any music that was produced in the past 25 years, Only a
miniscule fraction of it ever made it onto LP.

That is not an answer Arny. Of course any music that is available only
on one format or the other is not in consideration. The choice of
format is already made. But there are thousands of great and popular
titles that have been issued on both formats. In many cases multiple
times. So why no answer to the question? To have such a strong opinion
on the subject certainly you must have some personal examples you can
cite out of your personal collection where the commercial CD simply
sounds better than the LP.

You won't tell us what LPs you have purchased in the past 10 years and
you wont tell us what personal experience you have with comparing your
own LPs and CDs of the same title. How can I not question your
experience at this point?