Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default The Vinylizer

"Audio Empire" wrote in message

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:09:25 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Audio Empire" wrote in
message

Then you'd be wrong. Most vinyl listeners don't listen
to records that are warped, eccentric, of full of FM
distortion. I know that I don't.

You have no choice.

Whether you perceive this ongoing racket or not is up to
you, but it is very easy to measure this noise and
distortion using legacy measurement equipment that finds
modern media to be free of distortion.

Then if it's not perceived, It's not important is it?

This would appear to be an adjunct of the McDonalds argument - if you can't
perceive the benefits of a better-made product, then it must not be better
made?

Unless of course the knowledge that it MIGHT be there
ruins your ability to sit back and enjoy the music. I
don't have that prejudice. Perhaps if you had taken
better care of your records, you wouldn't be complaining
about "...audible noise and distortion" starting..."

The distortion and noise was there on the first playing.

My records are quiet, (aside from the VERY
OCCASIONAL tick or pop and tape hiss on the older
recordings) as well as flat and concentric.

You must be purchasing LPs on a different planet than I do.

There is no
more noise than the occasional cough or sneeze at a
concert.

Except that the cough or sneeze is a rare event, and the snap, crackle, and
pop as well as harshness and grit that is inherent in the LP format are
there all of the time.

Some of us appear to want to listen to music presented with less audible
noise and distortion than others.