Posted to rec.audio.tech
Chuck[_10_] Chuck[_10_] is offline

Default Kyocera receiver not remembering stations

On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:35:32 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

In sci.electronics.repair William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone know enough about this unit to tell me what the likely
culprit is here? Any links to schematics?

Well, I'd wonder if there is a battery compartment on the unit
anywhere. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just saying that
a lot of older equipment used conventional batteries (AA/AAA cells) to
keep the memory running.

I have a Pioneer SX-5 stereo receiver that uses two AA batteries.
Lifetime seems to be around a year or so.

William

hillarious. I was just about to mention that stereo when AA batteries were
mentioned.

do you know what the weird "AM stereo" RCA jack on the back is for?

It was for an AM stereo decoder. Chuck