Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Kyocera receiver not remembering stations

On 4/21/2010 12:42 PM Chuck spake thus:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:18:03 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Question is about a Kyocera R-851 receiver, ca. 1985, 85
w./channel. Unit is in fine condition (many capacitators have been
replaced) except for one thing: it doesn't remember radio stations.

Does anyone know enough about this unit to tell me what the likely
culprit is here? Any links to schematics?

Look for a .47 to 1 Farad capacitor on the front panel. Used to do
warranty service on these and I believe that is how the back up
voltage was stored. Chuck

Thanks for the quick reply.

So by "front panel" you mean the back of the front panel inside, right?
Would that be accessible from the top or bottom of the unit?