Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Digitizing Vinyl. Help!

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

In rec.audio.tech Arny Krueger wrote:
"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

In rec.audio.tech Arny Krueger wrote:
"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

Are you sure Audition shows you when you're generating
intersample overs?

Yes.

In fact I just pulled CE 2.1 up on this computer I'm
typing one and made a few instesample overs by hand,
just to be zillion-times sure.

How? And what did it show?

A line going up to FS and disappearing for a while, and then a line starting
at FS and going down. Something like it for -FS.

Audition Help includes this warning

"If you're planning to put normalized audio on CD, you
might want to normalize the waveforms
to no more than 96% as some audio compact disc players
have problems accurately reproducing bits that have been
processed to 100% (maximum) amplitude."

I've been saying as much on RAP for years.

And when I've normalize a music track to 0dBFS, I've
never seen the Audition peak meter go
into the +0 zone. So I assumed that its peak meter does
not model reconstructed output.

It indicates it, when it exists.