Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Robert Robert is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

On Jun 13, 1:00 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

ups.com

On Jun 11, 11:59 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

groups.com

Closer inspection tells me that I only have a microphone
input. I did find the windows screens that allow me to
change the "audio mix". But, without a line input they
don't help a whole lot.
My next step is to find an "iMic". :-) Then I will
check out the software option you suggest.

iMics are not bad for playback, but they are poor for
recording.

Instead, see if you can find one of these:

Behringer UCA202

Thanks for that. I hadn't purchased an iMic yet. So, I
am now looking for a Behringer UCA202. I am watching
ebay. If that route fails there are several web outlets
with units for well under USD40.00.

It is hard to believe that sound quality that was
unafordable twenty years back is now easily attained.

In 1972 I was an EE undergraduate student, working on a hybrid computer,
which was composed of an analog computer, a pair of A/D & D/A converters,
and a small digital computer. The A/D - D/A pair was speced to have true
16 bits monotonicity and accuracy, and a max 200 KHz conversion rate. Price
was said to be around $500,000. The digital computer had 32k bytes of RAM
and an approx 1 Megabyte hard drive. The price was in the same range.- Hide quoted text -

Would that be a PACE analgue computer by any chance - with removable
patchboards?

Robert