Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

"Arny Krueger" wrote

In 1972 I was an EE undergraduate student, working on a hybrid
computer, which was composed of an analog computer, a pair of A/D &
D/A converters, and a small digital computer. The A/D - D/A pair
was speced to have true 16 bits monotonicity and accuracy, and a max
200 KHz conversion rate. Price was said to be around $500,000. The
digital computer had 32k bytes of RAM and an approx 1 Megabyte hard
drive. The price was in the same range.

Hard drive?

At exactly that time, my (late) father-in-law was a Systems Engineer on
what was then Europe's largest 'hybrid' digital/analog computer at BAC,
Stevenage. It had 8K of Ram and the only storage medium I ever go to
hear about was tapes...??