Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

On Jun 10, 12:56 pm, Eiron wrote:
Adrianwrote:
Can someone advise me please? I plan to copy some very old (38 years)
openreeltapes to CD. I have an aging Sony TC366 OpenReelRecorder
and a DellLatitudeD810 Notebook.

Somehow I thought this would be easy!! :-) However, at present the
notebook does not recognize an analogue signal at the line in.

Does the laptop have a stereo line-in? Most only have a mono microphone
input these days.
If not you need a USB soundcard, which will probably come with recording
software.
I use Goldwave for editing and Nero for CD writing.

--
Eiron.

Thanks Eiron. No, I looked again and I only have a mike input. When
I have resolved the hardware issue I will look at Goldwave and Nero.

Adrian