Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

On Jun 10, 12:07 pm, Owain wrote:
Adrianwrote:
Can someone advise me please? I plan to copy some very old (38 years)
openreeltapes to CD. I have an aging Sony TC366 OpenReelRecorder
and a DellLatitudeD810 Notebook.
Somehow I thought this would be easy!! :-) However, at present the
notebook does not recognize an analogue signal at the line in.
Moreover, the only piece of software that seems to have an audio
record option is Windows Sound Recorder with a time limit of 60
seconds. I need to record several hours!
So, what hardware do I need? and, what software? Audio quality is
moderately important, given that the source material is not perfect.

(a) check your sound card manual, Control Panel, or start up Windows
Volume Control and make sure the right input device is selected

(b) google Audacity

Owain

Thanks Owain. The sound 'card' is actually part of the motherboard.
I have found and tweaked the Volume control and its related input and
output controls. I mistook the microphone input for a line in.

When I have located an "iMic", I will chack out Audacity.

Adrian