Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

On Jun 10, 12:21 pm, Susan Bugher wrote:
Adrianwrote:
Can someone advise me please? I plan to copy some very old (38 years)
openreeltapes to CD. I have an aging Sony TC366 OpenReelRecorder
and a DellLatitudeD810 Notebook.

Somehow I thought this would be easy!! :-) However, at present the
notebook does not recognize an analogue signal at the line in.
Moreover, the only piece of software that seems to have an audio
record option is Windows Sound Recorder with a time limit of 60
seconds. I need to record several hours!

So, what hardware do I need? and, what software? Audio quality is
moderately important, given that the source material is not perfect.

There's a work-around for that limitation (it's been posted in ACF many
times) but quite a few free recorders have also been mentioned in ACF.
Some of them are listed hehttp://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf...Recorder:Audio

I use, like an recommend Wave Repair.

Program: Wave Repair
Author: Clive Backham
Wa (Liteware) (Nagware) (free) recording and track splitting
functions are freehttp://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/

Note: it has a very unobtrusive nag.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
Search alt.comp.freeware (or read it online):http://www.google.com/advanced_group....comp.freeware

Thank you Susan. When I have sorted out the hardware side, I will
look at Wave repair. My main concern is the ability to write regular
CDs not MP3s. Wave repair seems to cover that issue.

Adrian