Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jason Standard Jason Standard is offline

Default one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

On 02/27/2018 12:29 AM, Gary Dingle wrote:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:17:58 -0500, Jason Standard
wrote:

On 02/26/2018 10:13 PM, Gary Dingle wrote:
Directory Opus Pro (https://www.gpsoft.com.au/) has a play button you
click after selecting a file.
60 Days trial ... maybe worth checking out.
It natively only plays .wav files but will play .mp3s if you have an
appropriate codec installed.
Play button has to be added to tool bar via customise option.
Also, DOpus is a windows explorer replacement, with options of double
panes etc., making copy/move files from one spot to another really
easy.
Cheers
Gary

Gary, looks interesting and thanks. Do you know if it will play 32 bit
wave as well?

Hi Jason,
Not sure about the 32bit wav.
You can ask via their web-site Support/Technical Support.
The few times I've contacted them, they have been most helpful.
Based in Brisbane, Australia I think.

If you do contact support, can you come back here & let us know what
the answer is, as others maybe interested in the app as well.
Cheers
Gary

Decided to do a tryout. The program's settings can be set to
automatically audition only WAV files with double clicking. Although
this can potentially save a lot of time, it only seems to work for 16
bit WAVE and not FLAC, MP3, or 32 bit WAV. Too bad, but thanks for the
pointer... I wouldn't have known if I hadn't of tried.