Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

Default Acoustat MK-121-B

wrote:
Sonnova wrote:

I suspect (although I do not know for sure) that Acoustat of China
does not support older Rockford or James Strickland made Acoustat
products. I wonder if they have a US distributor? Looking over their
site, it doesn't seem so....

Does any company support a 25 year old product? And would anyone
really want to refurbish a 25 year old speaker? Some would, but
probably not many.

Sure, my fav and one of the best of them does:
www.magnepan.com

I thought the amplifier was a good product, but after many years I
sold it, too (I read somewhere that the Hitachi mos-fets were a
discontinued item). I didn't want the thing to die on me, and then
not be able to get it repaired. One cannot be too sentimental about
these things.

Acoustat is now made in Gaungzhou, a city where the midday sun
appears as the moon to the naked eye. There are rich people in
tri-city area of GZ, Shenzhen, and HK (across the bay), but the
average Chinese cannot afford much of a hi fi system, and they are
probably not interested in any case. It's all television and iPod
knock offs. I wonder where they are exporting the panels, since
there is currently no US presence?

Michael