Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default Acoustat MK-121-B

wrote in message
Sonnova wrote:

I suspect (although I do not know for sure) that Acoustat of China does
not support older Rockford or James Strickland made Acoustat products. I
wonder if they have a US distributor? Looking over their site, it doesn't
seem so....

Does any company support a 25 year old product? And would anyone really
want to refurbish a 25 year old speaker? Some would, but probably not
many. The Acoustats were OK at the time, for what they were. However,
time marches on, and when I sold mine I never really missed them.

I thought the amplifier was a good product, but after many years I sold
it,
too (I read somewhere that the Hitachi mos-fets were a discontinued item).
I didn't want the thing to die on me, and then not be able to get it
repaired. One cannot be too sentimental about these things.

Acoustat is now made in Gaungzhou, a city where the midday sun appears as
the moon to the naked eye. There are rich people in tri-city area of GZ,
Shenzhen, and HK (across the bay), but the average Chinese cannot afford
much of a hi fi system, and they are probably not interested in any case.
It's all television and iPod knock offs. I wonder where they are
exporting
the panels, since there is currently no US presence?

Michael

One of the reasons to support Thiel....they make great speakers and they
still care about their 25 year old speakers.