Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default Comments on production?

Tobiah wrote:
===========

Seriously though, my only criticism would be that this is a little too
close-miked. This kind of performance needs air and I would have moved
the mics back to somewhere between six and ten feet, depending on the
quality of the room.

Yeah, I was probably a foot away from the mics. I'm in a bedroom with
little treatment in a residential area, but I'll try a little more distance.

** Though Don's comment is quite reasonable in terms of normal recording practice, your close up, near anechoic method is valid.
If heard via headphones or in a well damped room ( quite rare) it sounds too dry - in an average conditions with considerable reverberation bouncing around instruments sound like they are right in the room with you.

For a solo instrument or voice, this is not all bad.

...... Phil