Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

Default Apologies for age-old question ... AD/DA DAW interface?

On 3/29/2021 9:51 AM, Barry wrote:
On 3/28/2021 4:38 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 3/28/2021 12:07 PM, Barry B wrote:
I'd like to use Thunderbird as a usenet reader only. However, I don't
have an outgoing SMTP server listed.Â* I'm assuming that's necessary
to post (I'm still posting through a google account I NEVER use..
only resurrected it for the couple of recent threads I've
participated in here).Â* What do I have to do/configure in Thunderbird
in order to post here, but without exposing my email accounts to spam?

Thunderbird gets confused (or maybe it's Mike that gets confused) if
you try to use different SMTP servers for different e-mail accounts.
That won't show up to spammers unless they look at the full header of
the message, and that's too much trouble for not enough activity, at
least in rec.audio.pro.

So in the Thunderbird Account Settings for eternal.september, put in
SMTP server that works for other mail and that should get it out.

Giving this a try... here's hoping.

AND... it worked... goodbye, Google!

Thanks, Mike, Scott, and all. Focusrite 18i20 is working well, although
there's still a couple things I still need to figure out (headphone
level is pretty low, but from searching around that seems to be
solveable with some settings within Focusrite Control, and once,
although I was getting signal to Samplitude fine, Focusrite Control kept
returning a "Hardware Not Detected" message during one session until I
rebooted the laptop, then all was well. Not sure what that was all about).

So far I've done a few test sessions using the pair of AT4050 mics in
Blumlein setup on a Yamaha C7... first just straight into the Focusrite,
and then Great River/PSX100/Focusrite. Both worked quite well.

Now... to find a couple channels of HV-3 ...