Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Apologies for age-old question ... AD/DA DAW interface?

On 3/28/2021 12:07 PM, Barry B wrote:
I'd like to use Thunderbird as a usenet reader only. However, I don't have an outgoing SMTP server listed. I'm assuming that's necessary to post (I'm still posting through a google account I NEVER use.. only resurrected it for the couple of recent threads I've participated in here). What do I have to do/configure in Thunderbird in order to post here, but without exposing my email accounts to spam?

Thunderbird gets confused (or maybe it's Mike that gets confused) if you
try to use different SMTP servers for different e-mail accounts. That
won't show up to spammers unless they look at the full header of the
message, and that's too much trouble for not enough activity, at least
in rec.audio.pro.

So in the Thunderbird Account Settings for eternal.september, put in
SMTP server that works for other mail and that should get it out.