Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Rates?

On 3/28/2021 4:01 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
I never heard of any professional studio that charged by the job. You'd die
that way. It would be bad for the studio as well as the customer.

Harvey Gerst used to charge by the song, with the reservation that he
could call it quits if it was taking too long. But he was pretty careful
who he brought in to the studio so he and the client were usually happy
with the job and the pay.

Remotes are a whole different ball game, as you know. When I had the
truck, I charged by the day. Some days were harder than others. Some
were a piece of cake.