Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Apologies for age-old question ... AD/DA DAW interface?

Barry B wrote:
O.. I'd like to use Thunderbird as a usenet reader only. However, I don't h=
ave an outgoing SMTP server listed. I'm assuming that's necessary to post =
(I'm still posting through a google account I NEVER use.. only resurrected =
it for the couple of recent threads I've participated in here). What do I =
have to do/configure in Thunderbird in order to post here, but without expo=
sing my email accounts to spam?

The SMTP server will allow you to send email replies to usenet messages.
All of the reading and posting of Usenet is done through NNTP.

You can set things up to obscure your return address and put a valid return
address in your signature, if you don't want spammers to see your real email
address. However, I think that is annoying to real people and does not slow
the spammers down very much. It's pretty futile, I would not bother with it.