Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Rates?

In article , Neil wrote:

Flat rates may apply for recording performances, but not so well for
creating art.

I won't even quote a flat rate for performance recording, because you never
know when something weird might happen. I'll say, "That's probably an N
hour job and it will cost you M dollars if nothing goes wrong" but if there
is anything on paper it's for time and materials.

I have worked concerts where the power went out and all of a sudden the
organ part turned into a harpsichord part five minutes before the show.
I have worked concerts where audience members brimming over with the latest
in hallucinogenic drugs got up on stage and urinated on the microphone
splitter. I have worked concerts that ran six hours over. Sometimes
things go wrong and your goal is for someone else to be the person paying
when that happens.