Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Apologies for age-old question ... AD/DA DAW interface?

Barry B wrote:
es from you and Mike), I looked up Mercenary and tried to find Fletcher, on=
ly to discover that the Mercenary of olden is no more. Fletcher appears to =
have taken a gig w Telefunken for a bit after leaving Mercenary, but judgin=
g from Mike's response above, he has gone on to a different calling at this=
point. Understandable. Sure would be fun to find his bar!

It is "Plan B" in Suffern, NY. I have never been there. Our plan was to
check it out after the AES show last year, except that... events changed.

I think he has the right idea. Club owners are the only people that make
money off of live music...
--scott

I have (amongst several others - several MOTU, Aphex, that old Delta=20
1010, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and 18i20, way back to Turtle Beach=20
Multisound (wonder how Dave Haynie is going...), and a few others.=20
=20
Have had no problems whatsoever with the Focusrite drivers or hardware,=

=20
or major sound differences wrt mic-fussiness. Everything sounds pretty=20
much as expected and not significantly different to any of the others.=20
maybe my hearing is going ...=20
=20
In fact, unlike in the 'old days' anything USB-based seems a doodle=20
compared to the previous attachment methods . Only catch is to follow=20
the instructions as to what to do first - either install the driver or=20
attach the device.=20
=20
geoff

Good to know, geoff... very helpful. One thing I enjoyed at the session on=
Monday night (which went very well) was just how rock solid and trouble-fr=
ee the Delta1010 is. Whenever I have to drag out my little Tascam US-366 f=
or a quick USB laptop recording, I have to wrestle with all kinds of settin=
gs and recording errors until I get the buffer settings and routing correct=
. The 1010... turn on the computer and just use it. I love the physical ea=
se and portability of USB, but sure appreciate the hardware monitoring and =
total lack of latency behind the 1010. I'm hoping that, whatever I end up g=
etting, I can enjoy the best of both worlds.... and better mic pres. Thanks=
for the reply.