Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dave Gourley Dave Gourley is offline

Default Cheap preamp for video calls?

On 3/26/2021 4:09 PM, Tobiah wrote:
I can't get my Presonus 18/10 to work with Linux so I've had
to boot into Windows when I need to do a Zoom call.Â* I am using
a pair of NT1-A's which may be overkill, but they pick up nicely
from a distance.

I do have an Echo Mia MIDI card in the box that works great
on the linux side.Â* If a had a one or two channel preamp
with phantom I could save rebooting the machine.Â* Just need
something compact and fairly inexpensive, but modern, with
low noise/high gain.

Just get a 1- or 2- channel Mackie or Behringer Xenyx mixer and
you're good to go. They're about as cheap as it gets, and they have
phantom power.

david