Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_] Neil[_9_] is offline

Default UPS blew out power supply - how?

On 3/8/2021 8:34 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
nickbatz wrote:
Surely more time already spent just corresponding about the thing that
it would be worth to replace ?

You'd think, wouldn't you.

And yet I find most things interesting, including this, whether or not I end up working on it.

Yeah, the point is not to have it working, but to figure out why it failed.
Although it can be argued that failing is just what cheap standby UPSes do.
--scott

The key words in your comment are "cheap standby UPSes". An effective
approach to a UPS for computers is to prevent even a single cycle power
glitch when switching from AC to battery. The vast majority of UPSes
don't qualify.

--
best regards,

Neil