Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Broadcasting Q? Announcing The Time On The Radio

On 3/9/2021 7:51 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
On WBAI FM 99.5 IN NEW YORK CITY, the announcer of "A New Day" mis-announced the time as "7:27" when it was actually 7:47am. She did apologize and correct herself. This is a LOCAL, PRIVATELY FUNDED radio station with studio and transmitter both within the boundaries of NY City in the EASTERN TIME ZONE.

It's hard to get good help nowadays. I hear a lot of radio news
broadcasters mispronounce names of people and places, and some things.
They should know better. But the push for real time news has pretty much
done away with editing before broadcast.

So I'll ask once mo WHAT KIND OF CLOCK do these radio stations have on their wall, if any?

Generally studios have both an analog and a digital clock, and many have
a countdown clock as well so the announcer knows how much time there is
before the end of the hour.

But are you sure the announcer you mentioned above is actually looking
at a clock in the studio? Could be that she's at home with an improvised
studio, and just looked at her watch.