Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default UPS blew out power supply - how?

On 8/03/2021 2:20 pm, Chuck wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 12:25:19 -0800 (PST), nickbatz
wrote:

Thanks Scott, will look at it in more detail.

If it isn't this model, it's very similar (CyberPower): https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/pr.../cp1350avrlcd/

Whether it's cheap or online, I'm not sure. I believe you can control something about it with software and it'll shut down computers, but I've never bothered with that. If I'm working and the power goes out, I have time to shut it down; if the power goes out when I'm away, I don't care if it shuts down. Plus I don't think it has Mac software anyway.

If there are fuses, they're inside. But I'll check.

Some Cyber Powers have conductive glue on an eight pin dip ic. This
can blow the ic and cause a glass diode by the chip to go leaky. I've
seen the circuit board, on one occasion, set on fire from this
failure. Before replacing the batteries, I'd chip off this glue if it
is there.

Surely more time already spent just corresponding about the thing that
it would be worth to replace ?

geoff