Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default UPS blew out power supply - how?

A few weeks ago my UPS blew out the power supply to my main computer monitor - an old Apple 30" Cinema Display - forcing me to buy a new one (I couldn't wait for a replacement one to arrive).

Thankfully that UPS didn't blow out either of the computers connected to it, but it doesn't put out voltage now. I'm 100% sure the its batteries are bad, because it's very old too.

My question is what can go wrong with a UPS to cause this? I can replace its batteries if that's all it takes, but I have a thing about not liking my equipment to be destroyed by a device intended to protect it.

TIA