Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default Pultec EQP clone problem

Don Pearce wrote:
================

geoff wrote:

=============

I think a spectrum analyser display would have been more relevant.

** Understatement of day.

I have run such a test with an input transformer using FFT and found no new frequency.
The run down of decaying, odd harmonics gets a lump in the middle when the output is unloaded.

Odds on Don's scope has FFT built in.

Wonder if he knows???

For quite a few years I was principal engineer for Marconi
Instruments, and in that time I designed signal generators and a
metrology grade spectrum analyser.

** Time for you to present the *spectrum* of a ringing square wave.
In the frequency domain.
Not one, tiny, leading cycle on a scope trace.

Cos that was NEVER the question and YOU know it.

BTW:

Your fake Concerto for solo trumpet was removed, cos it hurt my ears.

..... Phil