Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_6_] david gourley[_6_] is offline

Default Pultec EQP clone problem

gareth magennis
:

On Sunday, 28 February 2021 at 15:55:54 UTC, david gourley wrote:
(Scott Dorsey)
:
gareth magennis wrote:

So it might be possible that the company's mod advice of 100 ohms in

parallel with 0.1uF should really be 100 ohms in series with 0.01uF?

Something is very wrong at this company. See if you can speak with an
actual engineer. Do they have any, even?
--scott

They offer Cinemag transformers.

I had a great response from Scott Stone at Warm Audio, so request him
in any service communications. If he can't answer, he'll find someone
who will. I had a pilot lamp issue with my WA-251 (nice enough mic with
a GOOD figure of eight null BTW), and he sent a replacement to me
within a week.

david

I have been in contact with Scott.

It was Scott who gave the customer the info: 100 ohms, 0.1uF in
parallel.

I have twice asked him to confirm what the mod should be, he has not got
back.

That is why I gave up and posted here.

I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience. IIRC they're in Texas, and
they just had a lot of problems, power and otherwise, due to weather. I
would keep trying, or ask for Bryce, but that's just me.

Good luck.

david