Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_] Neil[_9_] is offline

Default Subwoofers! Etc.

On 2/20/2021 12:05 AM, Trevor wrote:
On 18/02/2021 3:32 am, Neil wrote:
On 2/16/2021 11:05 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 15/02/2021 10:27 pm, Neil wrote
IMO, those interested in subwoofers are looking for a visceral
experience rather than an accurate reproduction, so to that end,
none of the variables really matter.

Yes that would be an opinion only. I always laugh when people try to
play pipe organ music on their LS3A's for example. :-)

Unless your playback room is the size of the cathedral, you're just
going for a visceral response with a sub-woofer.

That would be your opinion too of course. Fortunately the biggest
advantage of a cathedral is the reverberation time, and can be recorded.
I wonder whether you have ever heard anything below 1kHz on headphones?
Must be impossible in your universe surely?

I wonder if you realize that your comment about headphone frequency
makes no sense whatsoever? Though I won't speak for all, MY head is not
hollow, ergo there are no reflective surfaces to create standing waves
and their anomalies. The same can be said for an-echoic chambers, which
is why I drew that analogy to headphones.

If you think subwoofers allow for accurate reproduction of a recording,
that's fine, but it's your opinion, not facts based on elementary physics.

--
best regards,

Neil