Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_] Neil[_9_] is offline

Default Subwoofers! Etc.

On 2/18/2021 6:34 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 14:59:16 -0500, Neil
wrote:

On 2/17/2021 11:34 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 11:29:44 -0500, Neil
wrote:

On 2/17/2021 9:33 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
On 13/02/2021 9:41 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
On 11/02/2021 11:57 pm, Scott Dorsey wrote:
For music, I'd rather have restricted bass
than lumpy out of control bass. Your mileage may differ.

And a real sub for music should, and can provide extended bass that is
NOT lumpy or out of control. Whether it does or not simply depends on
your choice of sub/s and X-over.

And mains. And the room. The room is the hard part.

If the room is so bad you have to eliminate the bass entirely, then
perhaps you need to fix the room acoustics.

Most small rooms are that way, I am sorry to report. Small square ones
being the most frustrating, of course.
--scott

+1

Do the math on the LF wavelength and one will see that very few homes
will have rooms large enough. Then the fun begins...

Think how small a room you have with headphones. The bass in there is
perfectly manageable. It just takes effort and some cash.

Apples vs. oranges, really.

No. Small rooms vs smaller rooms. The physics doesn't change.

Perhaps if that "room" is an an-echoic chamber... 8-)

--
best regards,

Neil