Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Polarity/Ground Questions

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 20:25:03 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

geoff wrote:

When I built my house I wired it so that there was an outlet pretty much
within a few steps of anywhere.

Overall things simplified here because of a nationwide straightforward
rigidly-applied MEN single-voltage 230v system for domestic single-phase
installations.

** Are ELCBs or " safety switches " compulsory in homes yet?

Sort of. It is not compulsory to replace wired fuses, but if any work
is done on the consumer unit, ELCBs must be fitted. All new builds are
ELCB.