Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Attenuate highest highs?

On 14/02/2020 5:59 am, Unsteadyken wrote:
In article ,

~misfit~ says...

So what can I add to the cross-over to attenuate the highest highs but leave
the main body of the upper frequencies at the same level?

Try the acoustic disrupter method:-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tissue...stic_disrupter

I considered physical barriers (I no longer leave the grilles off them and have considered
'thickening' the upper part). That section of Wkipedia you linked ends with ... "suggesting that
more controllable and less random electronic filtering would be preferable" which is where my
thought processes ended up.

I have a few examples of acoustic lenses on my parts shelf (mainly from old Sansui speakers) but
after researching and finding they were designed to disperse high frequency sound horizontally
rather than attenuate it decided against trying to use a lens.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"