Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nicola B. Bernardelli Nicola B. Bernardelli is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

On 04/08/2018 06:01 AM, John Doe wrote:

That would require a third purchase, less useful than the first two.
I will post when it is solved. If it affected something other than
the flight simulator, I might be more gung ho for solving it. Every
other sound from my PC is noise free. Most impressive is the USB
microphone connected to a 36 foot Tripp-Lite active USB extender.
Used partly for security, partly for entertaining my indoor-only
cats. The Marantz USB microphone is output through my SoundBlaster
Audigy Rx to the JBL LSR305s. Sounds like being outside. Love it.

Thanks.

I see. You might enjoy SP/DIF a lot however, if the converter has good
characteristics on the analogue side.

I have a Focusrite audio interface, SP/DIF from the PC sounds just as
good as ASIO via USB.

(I also tried the FlightGear flight simulator through the Focusrite LOL,
sounds great... BTW I only used aircraft with a good JSBSim-based Flight
Dynamics Model, not YaSim which is merely trying to extrapolate the
plane behavior from its geometry, and BTW I was more interested in the
plane behavior than in a nicely modeled cockpits... I had tried out
X-Plane years ago but the flight simulation I experienced was not as
good as the one I found at least in a few FlightGear aircraft I came to
prefer over others I had tried.)

I'll check out your post when you solve the problem.

BTW this was another interesting reading:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-aud...round-pin.html

and links this page

http://www.guitarcenter.com/VTG/Grou...yf100s3dy00279

and this one