Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Default Definitive's Music Matters

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 11:55:53 AM UTC-4, Ed Presson wrote:

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you - it does!

It is a shame that no planar speakers were on-offer. I keep large Ribbon-Tweeter Maggies, and they are quite wonderful if driven from a brute-force amp. The other speakers are similar-vintage ARs and one set of Dynaco A35s.

As to costs: I ran a quick calculation using this source: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

And came to find out that the system in my library would cost, in 2018 dollars: $33,474. For the record, I did not pay 10% of that for the entirety, including repairs and refurbishments to bring everything back to *perfect*.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA