Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

"John Stone" wrote in message

On 3/1/07 6:36 AM, in article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

I get the impression that the origional T-33 was a Vifa-made unit. Vifa
is
now a brand of DAP, whose other brands are SEAS and ScanSpeak

KEF never had drive units made by Vifa.

So much for the web page that suggested it to me. Hmm which of the many I
looked at yesterday was that?

The T-33 was made by KEF in Britain.

Vifa is gone. The brand has been rolled into Peerless, and the old Vifa
products, few of which are still available, are sold under the "Peerless
V-line" I don't have any idea what DAP is, but the umbrella company that
previously owned Vifa, ScanSpeak, and Peerless was called DST.

DAP was corruption of DST, you know Danish-something. In this case my
coffee-starved memory coughed out "Danish Audio Products", but that's wrong.

They too are
gone, having been purchased by Tymphany, which is an American company
based
in Silicon Valley.

Is that Ken Kantor's place?

The same venture company that holds Tymphany also owns
Klipsch and Jamo. SEAS has always been completely independent of the
others
and remains so today. It is employee owned.

Thanks for the correction, John. If anybody would know this stuff, it would
be you. Are you doing any work for any of the above?